I am available to speak on my four Revolutionary War books: Abductions in the American Revolution, Spies in Revolutionary Rhode Island, Kidnapping the Enemy, and The Rhode Island Campaign. My talks, which are accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation showing key images, generally last about 40 minutes, and I leave time for questions. I try to inject some humor in my talks—responses range from hand-over mouth tittering to knee-slapping guffaws.
Christian McBurney will give a book lecture and sign his book, World War II Rhode Island, at the following events:
- October 1, 2017, Sunday, at 2 p.m.: Carriage House, Babcock Smith House, 124 Granite Street, Westerly RI (Sponsored by the Westerly Historical Association)
- October 22, 2017, Sunday, 2:00 p.m.: Providence Public Library, 150 Empire Street, Providence (with Maureen A. Taylor as co-lecturer)
- October 23, Monday, at 7 p.m.: Museum of Primitive Art and Culture, 1058 Kingstown Road, Peace Dale (will be on Spies in Revolutionary Rhode Island)
- Dec. 7, 2017, Thursday, 12 noon: Naval War College Museum, at the Seamen’s Institute, 18 Market Square, Newport
- Dec. 7, 2017, Thursday, 5:30 p.m.: Brown University Bookstore, 244 Thayer Street at Angell Street, Providence
- Feb. 10, 2018, Saturday, 10:00 a.m.: Cross’ Mills Public Library, 4417 Old Post Road, Charlestown (co-sponsored by Cross’ Mills Public Library and Charlestown Historical Society)
- Feb. 10, 2018, Saturday, 2:00 p.m.: Davisville Free Library, 481 Davisville Road, Nortth Kingstown
Christian McBurney will give a book lecture and sign his book, Abductions in the Revolutionary War: The Attempts to Kidnap George Washington, Benedict Arnold, and Other Military and Civilian Leaders, at the following events:
- July 6, 2017, Thursday, at 6:00 p.m.: Portsmouth Free Public Library, 2658 East Main Road, Portsmouth, R.I. Sponsored by the Portsmouth Historical Society, and Portsmouth Free Public Library. (This lecture will be about the Battle of Rhode Island).
- October 9, 2017, Monday, at 7 p.m. Paoli Battlefield Preservation Fund, General Warren Inne, Malvern, PA
- November 8, 2017, Wednesday, at 7:00 p.m.: ARRT of Fredericksburg, VA
- November 18, 2017, Saturday, at 7:30 p.m.: ARRT of Northern Delaware, 606 Stanton-Christiana Road, Newark, DE
- February 12, 2018, Thursday, at 6:00 p.m.: Portsmouth Free Public Library, 2658 East Main Road, Portsmouth, R.I. Sponsored by the Portsmouth Historical Society, and Portsmouth Free Public Library. (This lecture will be about the Battle of Rhode Island).
Sample Lectures and Book Signing Sites
In Rhode Island
Rhode Island Historical Society
Newport Historical Society
Pettaquamscutt Historical Society
Varnum Memorial Armory
Tiverton Land Trust and Tiverton Historical Society
Naval War College Museum
Outside Rhode Island
National Archives, Washington, D.C. (videotaped by CSPAN-3)
Massachusetts Historical Society
Fraunces Tavern Museum, New York City
Society of the Cincinnati, Washington, D.C.
American Revolutionary War Roundtables of New York, Philadelphia, Richmond, Delaware, and District of Columbia
Sons of the Revolution, District of Columbia
Silver Treasure Seekers, Taunton
David Library of the American Revolution, Washington Crossing
Washington’s Headquarters, Morristown, NJ