I am available to speak on my four Revolutionary War books: Abductions in the American Revolution, Spies in Revolutionary Rhode Island, Kidnapping the Enemy, and The Rhode Island Campaign. My talks, which are accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation showing key images, generally last about 40 minutes, and I leave time for questions. I try to inject some humor in my talks—responses range from hand-over mouth tittering to knee-slapping guffaws.
Christian McBurney will give a book lecture and sign his book, World War II Rhode Island, at the following events:
- June 17, 2017, Saturday, 10 a.m. to 12 noon: Book signing at Wakefield Books, Wakefield Mall.
- June 17, 2017, Saturday, 2:00 p.m.: Kingston Free Library, Potter Hall, sponsored by the South County Learning Center and the Kingston Free Library
- June 28, 2017, Wednesday, at 5:30 p.m.: Newport Historical Society, NHS Resource Center, 82 Touro St., Newport, R.I. With co-author Brian Wallin.
- June 29, 2017, Thursday, at 4:30 p.m.: The CIB Auditorium of the University of Rhode Island Narragansett Bay Campus, Saunderstown, RI. RSVP to Rhode Island Sea Grant at (401) 874-6800 or email@example.com to reserve your seat. With co-author Brian Wallin.
- July 1, 2017, Saturday, at 6:00 p.m.: Smith’s Castle, 55 Richard Smith Drive, North Kingstown, R.I.
Christian McBurney will give a book lecture and sign his book, Abductions in the Revolutionary War: The Attempts to Kidnap George Washington, Benedict Arnold, and Other Military and Civilian Leaders, at the following events:
- June 10, 2017, Saturday, at 1:00pm: The American Revolution in the Mohawk Valley, Second Annual Conference, Fort Plain Museum, Johnstown, NY
- July 6, 2017, Thursday, at 6:00 p.m.: Portsmouth Free Public Library, 2658 East Main Road, Portsmouth, R.I. Sponsored by the Portsmouth Historical Society, and Portsmouth Free Public Library. (This lecture will be about the Battle of Rhode Island).
- October 9, 2017, Monday, at 7 p.m. Paoli Battlefield Preservation Fund, General Warren Inne, Malvern, PA
- November 8, 2017, Wednesday, at 7:00 p.m.: ARRT of Fredericksburg, VA
- November 18, 2017, Saturday, at 7:30 p.m.: ARRT of Northern Delaware, 606 Stanton-Christiana Road, Newark, DE
Sample Lectures and Book Signing Sites
In Rhode Island
Rhode Island Historical Society
Newport Historical Society
Pettaquamscutt Historical Society
Varnum Memorial Armory
Tiverton Land Trust and Tiverton Historical Society
Naval War College Museum
Outside Rhode Island
National Archives, Washington, D.C. (videotaped by CSPAN-3)
Massachusetts Historical Society
Fraunces Tavern Museum, New York City
Society of the Cincinnati, Washington, D.C.
American Revolutionary War Roundtables of New York, Philadelphia, Richmond, Delaware, and District of Columbia
Sons of the Revolution, District of Columbia
Silver Treasure Seekers, Taunton
David Library of the American Revolution, Washington Crossing
Washington’s Headquarters, Morristown, NJ